Where to get sustainable products and services for sailing?
There is a fine comprehensive information source now: A growing global directory of sustainable nautical products and services, packed with listings about eco-friendly yachting businesses worldwide. And searchable via an integrated Google Maps function.
My years of researching information about both yacht recycling and eco-friendly sailing thus far resulted in a wealth of information sources. As many of you know, time ago I set up two websites where I present part of my information: yachtrecycling.org and sailors21.com.
Sorting and writing the contents for those sites, I kept missing an important option: Being able to present just the addresses and short descriptions of a given product or service – very brief and possibly in an international overview. For those of us who just want to know, for instance: Who recycles aluminium? Who transports my ship from A to B? Where do I buy walkable solar panels, who sells eco-friendly cleaning products for my ship?
Along came a WordPress Directory Theme which appears to fit such a purpose just fine! So after some testing I started to pack big part of my data in a specific business directory, the Sailors21 Business Directory.
Presenting products and services for sustainable yachting worldwide.
It’s a work in progress which has 3 main categories: Products, services and special cooperations. Sub-categories range from “green” yacht design, renewable energy aboard to yacht recycling. A brief intro about the background is here.
Global directory of sustainable nautical products and services
And here is an invitation for you: Want to appear there as well?
You can submit information about your company or organisation for free including logo, promotional text plus various media like images and videos.
Intention is to build up a fine database packed with relevant, reliable industry information. You in turn get some free promotion, on a platform which has become very visible. Two possible ways to contribute your data:
1) Fresh from the source = you: Click on “Add Listing“. Register, save.
2) Claim existing data as pertaining to your organisation: Visiting the portal you’ll see that I put in various company data by myself. If you see your own company or organisation among the listings you got 3 options: a) Like what yo see? Simply “claim” the listing as yours by registering and start editing your own data. Alternative: Inform me of anything you’d like to add or change, send me the data and I’ll make sure it appears at the right place. c) Prefer not to be included with your data on this portal? Just let me know via e-mail, a brief info is enough and I’ll quickly remove any data from your company or organisation.
Also, I welcome your feedback about the structure. Which by now is still very flexible. WordPress as you might be aware is a most impressive, highly versatile animal, with zillions of features. Their fascinating business directories are no exception.
It is great to work on this and see the directory coming together, with Google Maps as a fine additional tool.
Looking forward to your feedback, any time!
- Cruising in marine sanctuaries - May 16, 2016
- Sailors for ocean science - April 14, 2016
- Marine noise hotspots in the Mediterranean: First scientific basin-wide map - March 6, 2016
- Why Yachtrecycling? 11 good reasons - March 6, 2016
- Global directory of sustainable nautical products and services - August 15, 2015