This site is about planet-friendly sailing in or 21st century.
Sailing, fantastic and beloved way of travelling, already has been one of the ‘greenest’ forms of transport ever since – certainly where compared to cars or planes. Still, some traces do sailing boats leave behind in the ecosystems they pass through. With maritime leisure industries growing worldwide, those traces multiply.
There are many viable options for sailors to minimise harmful impacts on our marine ecosystems though. But that landscape of sustainable or ‘green’ sailing is still rather young and thus exotic to many. What’s widely missing is not so much information about it, mind you – rather a good overview of the entire landscape:
Which useful, sensible, brilliant solutions have been found to minimise harmful ecological impacts, and where to get them? Can you power your ship with renewable energy? How exactly? Who offers what and where? Which forms of cooperation towards sustainability exist already in the nautical world? Which jobs and services are coming up in that young market? What is yacht recycling? And lots of more info.
Your feedback and suggestions are most welcome, any time.
Have fun out there and save travels!
- Cruising in marine sanctuaries - May 16, 2016
- Sailors for ocean science - April 14, 2016
- Marine noise hotspots in the Mediterranean: First scientific basin-wide map - March 6, 2016
- Why Yachtrecycling? 11 good reasons - March 6, 2016
- Global directory of sustainable nautical products and services - August 15, 2015